October 23, 2017 3 min read
As a natural part of life and living, our skin can get damaged from harsh environmental factors like intense sun, pollution, and makeup. Over time, our skin can start looking dull, tired and rough. If you're feeling like you'd like to refresh and rejuvenate your skin simply and easily at home, read on to learn more about our secret ingredient: Clay!
Clay has been used by women for thousands of years to draw out impurities and to make their skin glow with freshness. Here we come to you with another ancient, Ayurvedic, tried-and-tested recipe for your skin.
A recent study by C Viserasa, C Aguzzib, P Cerezoa and A Lopez-Galindoc have found that daily clay applications increased the number of collagen fibers, and sped up collagen synthesis in skin lesions. Loss of collagen is one of the reasons for wrinkles in our skin, so using clay masks can tighten the pores, remove blackheads, exfoliate dead skin cells, and eliminate greasy deposits - leading to a fresh, clean, young looking skin.
WHY SITARA CLAY?
In addition, the Sitara Matrix Mud Green Clay is rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, and silica which help to tone skin and preserve its natural balance. Our Matrix Mud is blended with pure essential oils and hydrosols to create a highly effective deep cleansing mask. When clay is applied to the skin, oxidation and circulation are accelerated, defensive functions stimulated, and body temperature is raised. Clay balances as it revitalizes, leaving your skin soft, smooth and youthful.
HOW TO APPLY A CLAY MASK
1. WASH. Wash or wipe your face, removing all traces of makeup and any other impurities on the surface of your skin. Using warm water or wipes will help soften your skin, and allow the mud mask to be more effective.
2. PREPARE. Combine 1 tablespoon of Matrix Mud Green Clay and 1 - 2 tablespoons of distilled water in a clean bowl and mix it with a spoon or your fingers to make a smooth paste. (Avoid using metal bowls or spoons)
3. APPLY. Apply a thin layer of the clay paste evenly all over your face, avoiding the skin around your eyes.
4. WAIT. Sit back, close your eyes, and relax with some good music, for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until your face is completely dry
5. RINSE. Splash warm water on your face and use your fingertips to massage your skin while you wash off the mask. Don't use any soap. Pat your skin dry with a towel.
6. TONE. Use a toner and/or a light moisturizer, and avoid applying makeup to feel fresher longer.
3 VARIATIONS FOR MATRIX MUD MASKS
You can use Matrix Mud as the base for your clay mask, and add any of the following for variations on the above recipe:
ADD OATS - Pulse a tablespoon of whole oats coarsely in a spice grinder or a food processor, and add them while preparing your mask to add exfoliant properties to your mask.
ADD YOGURT - Adding a tablespoon of plain yogurt to your mask can help dissolve dead skin and tighten pores because the lactic acid in yogurt has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties that can reduce fine lines and wrinkles. (You may not need to add water to your mask if your yogurt is not too thick)
ADD HONEY - Try adding a tablespoon of raw honey to your clay paste to naturally erase blemishes caused by acne. Honey is also antibacterial and is an effective cleanser that can leave your skin soft and smooth.
Have you tried our Matrix Mud Mask yet? Or have a special recommendation to add to our mud mask recipes? Comment below! And if you love this post/product, please share with your friends!
ABOUT OUR AUTHOR:
Saiisha is our resident expert on Yoga, Ayurveda, and Meditation: she is a certified yoga instructor, certified in meditation training, and a Soulistic Life Coach at www.NestInTheForest.com. She uses ancient practices that are practical for the modern woman. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about any of the topics we discuss here at Sitara Collections!
And, always be sure to check out our complete line of products to enhance your mind, body, and spirit at Sitara Collections.
We are pleased to have been recognized as one of the top 80 Gem Blogs by FeedSpot.com. Blogs are ranked based on following criteria:
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 28, 2021 8 min read
July 17, 2021 6 min read