Sleeplessness seems to be have become the new epidemic of the information age, when we're surrounded by phones, laptops and 24-hour news channels! What starts off as a small distraction at the end of the day ends up taking hours of our precious night time. And so we wake up groggy, irritable and even stressed out first thing in the morning.
Unfortunately, there is no substitute for sleep - nothing else can create the calm and tranquil state of mind that we'd like to wake up with, unless we get the sleep that our body requires.
Fortunately, Sitara has some time-tested Ayurvedic techniques for insomnia:
1. You may have heard this one before, but a cup of warm milk before bed is one of the most effective ways to induce sleep. Why? Because foods that are warm can help ground your highly frazzled Vata energy. Vata energy is responsible for activity, movement and mental processes, so too much of it at bedtime can make us feel anxious. Adding a pinch of turmeric [note: overlay with hyperlink https://sitaracollections.com/
Avoid any Vata-activating foods before bedtime, like caffeine, alcohol or ice-cold beverages because they can increase your anxiety levels.
2. One of the most comforting ways to induce relaxation in your body is to massage your feet, legs, and arms with oil. Sitara's Mystic Moon Glow Essential Oil Blends come in glorious scents, made in small batches from freshly picked herbs. Try the Pale Blue Moon blend with gardenia, blue globe, and Hawthorne. Or the Super Moon blend with jasmine, moonstone and white snow globes. Tip: If you want a lighter fragrance, add a few drops of the essential oils to almond oil or jojoba oil.
Pour a small amount of oil into your palm, and rub into your legs and arms, using long, easy strokes. Gently rub the undersoles of your feet, toes as well as your shoulders and fingers.
3. You might know about chamomile and valerian root as herbs to add to your bedtime teas, but try Sitara's I Sleep Soundly tablets for a compound mixture of more than 10 sleep-inducing herbs, including Ashwagandha, Bhringaraja and Vidari Kanda. Each of these tablets is a special Ayurvedic formula made with ancient herbs grown sustainably.
One tablet before bedtime works to support your body's natural sleep rhythm, so you can wake up feeling rested and refreshed.
Do you suffer from sleeplessness? Try any or all of the tips above and let us know what works for you!
ABOUT OUR AUTHOR:
Saiisha is our resident expert on Yoga, Ayurveda and Meditation: she is a certified yoga instructor, certified in meditation training, and a Soulistic Life Coach at www.NestInTheForest.com . She uses ancient practices that are practical for the modern woman. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about any of the topics we discuss here at Sitara Collections!
And, always be sure to check out our complete line of products to enhance your mind, body and spirit at Sitara Collections.
Our Blog Won an Award!
We are pleased to have been recognized as one of the top 80 Gem Blogs by FeedSpot.com. Blogs are ranked based on following criteria:
- Google reputation and Google search ranking
- Influence and popularity on Facebook, twitter, and other social media sites
- Quality and consistency of posts
- Feedspot’s editorial team and expert review